Fired up and ready to take action? That's what we like to hear! Here are FOUR ways to start making a difference:
ACTION 1: Get Informed and Educate Others
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for news and updates.
- Check out our resources and share with your friends
- Talk to your friends and neighbors about this film and share your knowledge about organic, local, and sustainable food
ACTION 2: Do It Yourself
- Grow your own food (the National Gardening Association has great tips) and donate what you can’t eat to a local food bank.
- Vote with your fork. Spend your food dollars at local farmer’s markets, food producers, and sustainable restaurants.
- Cook at home more often and teach your friends and family what you know about cooking.
ACTION 3: Join the Community
- Volunteer at a community garden, school garden, or your local farmer’s market
- Get involved with your local Slow Food chapter or other sustainable food organization
- Get to know your local farmers. Most of them are very passionate about what they do and are happy to answer your questions about their farming practices
ACTION 4: Get Political
- Sign our petitions (COMING SOON!)
- Form a parent group to push for changes in your child’s school lunch program. The Center for Science in the Public Interest has a great toolkit on their website
- Attend a meeting of your local food policy council